We are excited to announce the final shortlist for the 2018 MullenLowe NOVA Awards!
From Central Saint Martins 1,300 graduating students, 14 are shortlisted and our panel of expert judges have the unenviable task of selecting this year’s winners.
Ten students from ‘Show Two: Design’ have been shortlisted, and will join Yajing Hu, Stephen Bennett, Matthew Wang and Cybi Williams on the final shortlist.
Many congratulations to:
- Katie-May Boyd (MA Material Futures) for ‘Foreign Garbage’, creating a tool for discussion around waste
- Matt Canham (BA Product Design) for ‘hplus’, six personal health monitoring devices that can be used in the home
- Shengyi Chen (BA Jewellery Design) ‘Untitled’, responding to political events through a combination of black humour and jewellery
- Veronika Fabian (BA Jewellery Design) for ‘Chains For an Average Woman’, a collection based on a woman’s relationship with self-identity
- Harry Henley-Freegard (BA Fashion Print) for ‘The Art of Dying’, a symbolic fashion collection representing the designer then and now
- Jen Keane (MA Material Futures) for ‘This is Grown’, merging industrial textile practice with future biotech principles
- Simon Kidd (BA Ceramic Design) ‘Untitled’, a collection of ceramics influenced by the designers childhood in Northern Ireland, a country where peace was relatively new
- Shuna Luo (MA Character Design) for ‘-6.831 miles’, telling the story of a man called Z, a film about the relationship between physical space and human emotion
- Montague Von Richthofen (BA Performance: Design and Practice) for ‘Who Am I Without You / Another You’, a five-minute video which provides an insight into Monty Richthofen’s past year on the road
- Paolina Russo (BA Fashion Knitwear) for ‘A Love Letter to My Hometown’, remembers the boredom, freedom and time spent along as a hopeful, naïve teenager in the suburbs.
Five MullenLowe NOVA Awards will be given to students: one Winner, two Runners Up, a #Unstereotype Award presented in partnership with our client Unilever and ‘YourNOVA’ – the people’s choice award which will once again be chosen by you! This is your chance to get involved and vote online for your favourite piece of work. Voting will open here on Monday 25th June and will close on 2nd July.
Stay tuned for the winners announcement on Thursday 5th July!